Friday, October 16, 2009
Congratulations Amanda! I will be emailing you shortly! Please respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen!
Monday, October 5, 2009
My personal favorite flavor would have to be the Honey Roasted Peanut. Anything peanut/peanut buttery has my vote! But honestly... they really were all delicious!
I really liked how the Granola Nut Clusters packages were resealable. I didn't have to worry about going through one bag at a time so they wouldn't go stale on me. I was able to sample from each bag without waiting to finish a whole flavor before moving onto the next!
MyBlogSpark has also generously offered to provide one additional prize pack to give away to one of my readers!
Again, this Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters "Snack Pack" prize pack that includes:
* All four (4) varieties of the Granola Nut Clusters
* A sling backpack
* A stainless steel water bottle
* A flashlight
* A binoculars
Here's how to enter: (Mandatory comment must be done before extra entries-each bullet is worth 1 entry! Please leave separate comments for each qualifying entry)
* Mandatory Comment: What are your favorite elements of nature?
* Follow my blog
* Follow me on Twitter (AshsAllowance) Please comment with Twitter name
* Tweet my giveaway and comment with the direct link
* Grab my button and leave button location in comment
* Blog about this giveaway and leave link to your post
This giveaway will end on October 16, 2009 at 7:59am EST. Winner will be notified via email shortly thereafter. Winner has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Please email me with any questions. Good Luck!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
- 4 Sauve Hair Products (Shampoo & Conditioner + (2) 2 in 1): $8.00
- (1) Hershey Kisses: 2/$5.00
- (1) Colgate Total Toothpaste: $2.99 + $2.00 ECB
- (2) Jack Links Chicken Nuggets: $5.99 + bogo
- 4 Lean Cuisines: 2/$5.00
- 2 Irish Spring 8-pack Soap Bars: 2/$8.00 +$4.00 RR
- 3 Kleenex tissues: $0.89 each
- (1) 4pack of Venus Vibrance razors: $12.99
Saturday, September 5, 2009
So here is what you will get:
(9) Coupons Expiring @ end of September: (For a Total Savings of $16.00)
- (1) $2.00 off any 1 jumbo package or larger of GoodNites Boxers
- (2) $2.00 off any 1 Pull-Ups Training Pants (jumbo pack or larger)
- (2) $2.00 off any 2 Pull-Ups Flushable Moist Wipes
- (1) $1.00 off any 1 jumbo package or larger of GoodNites Underpants
- (1) $2.00 off on any Pampers UnderJams Night Wear
- (1) $2.00 off on any Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, Swaddlers Cruisers, or Extra Protection Diapers
- (1) $1.00 off on any Pampers Diapers or Pants
- (2) $3.00 off on any One 4-pack of Nutripals
- (3) $1.oo off on any 1 Danimals product
- (2) $1.00 off when you buy 3 Fruit by the Foot, Fruit Gushers, Fruit Roll-Ups, or Fruit Roll ups fruit stickerz fruit flavored snacks
- (1) $2.00 off Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Diapers (Target Coupon)
- (1) $2.00 off Pampers Cruisers Premium Absorbency Diapers (Target Coupon)
- (2) $1.00 off on any 2 Yoplait Go-GURT or Trix Multipack yogurt
- (2) $1.00 off on any 2 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Shapes
- (1) $5.00 off an animal priced at $10 or more.
- (1) $1.00 off any 2 Kid Cuisines
- (2) $1.00 off on any Children's Benadryl
- (2) $2.00 off on any Children's Zyrtec
- (1) $3.00 off on any 2 Flushable Moist Wipes
- (2) Buy any 1 Beech-Nut Lets Grow Product, get one FREE
- (2) Try Any Beech-Nut Stage 3 Homestyle Fruit FREE
- (2) $2.oo off any 16 Beech-Nut Stage 2 Jars
- (2) Buy one get one FREE on Listerin Agent Cool Blue or Smart Rinse
- (1) $3.00 off on any 1 Boost Kid Essentials Nutritionally Complete Drink Multi-Pack
- Become a Follower of my blog, or comment saying you already are!
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link in comments)
- Grab my button (leave link in comments)
- Follow me on Twitter (AshsAllowance) Leave Twitter name in comment
- Tweet about this giveaway (leave link in comments)
- Email this giveaway to a friend (be sure to CC AshleysAllowance@gmail.com) *one entry per friend emailed. Please leave separate comments for each!*
- Add Ashleys Allowance on Facebook (leave Facebook name in comments)
Please email me with any questions!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Here is how it works:
General Mills and Stop & Shop are teaming up to give families a great way to stock up and save, as they gear up for back to school. Here’s why shoppers should shop at Stop & Shop’s big Back to School Event.
1. Great sale pricing on the participating General Mills brands:
Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Reeses Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp Sprinkles, Cookie Crisp, Fruit Snacks, Old El Paso Dinner Kits, Pillsbury Strudel, Pillsbury Scrambles, Green Giant Boxed Vegetables, Yoplait Yo-Plus Multi-Pack, Fiber One Yogurt Multi-Pack, Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookies, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, Pillsbury Sweet Rolls and Yoplait Delights
2. Additional savings for you or your school, depending on which Stop & Shop location you shop
If your Stop & Shop store sells gas
* Buy four (4) participating General Mills items and you’ll automatically earn 100 points on your Stop & Shop card
* For every 100 points earned, you'll save 10¢ per gallon of gas (Please note: Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon)
* Just swipe your Stop & Shop Card at the pump to redeem your Gas Rewards
If your Stop & Shop store doesn’t sell gas
* For those Stop & Shop locations without gas stations, don’t worry – you’re not left out of the savings – if you buy five (5) participating General Mills products, you will receive 20 Bonus Box Tops for your school.
The Giveaway: MyBlogSpark is generously offering One (1) of my loyal readers a $10 Stop & Shop gift card to help save even more at their next trip to Stop & Shop!
How To Enter: Please leave ONE comment for each entry you qualify for and include your email address in each comment so I can contact you if you are the winner!
*Mandatory Comment/Entry*: How much do you think you can save on your next trip t0 Stop & Shop?
* Become a Follower and/or comment saying you already are.
* Follow me on Twitter (AshsAllowance) and be sure to leave your Twitter name in comment
* Tweet this Giveaway and leave link to tweet in comment.
* Grab My Button and/or comment letting me know you have it. Please leave link to button location.
* Blog about this giveaway and leave link in comment to post.
This giveaway will end on Friday, September 4th, 2009 at 11:59 EST in efforts to try to get the winner their gift card in time to take advantage of the Back-to-School Savings Event at their local Stop & Shop! Please let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!
Friday, August 28, 2009
- (1) Plum Island Soap Co. Grapefruit Hand Butter
- (1) Plum Island Soap Co. Grapefruit Body Butter
I follow you on Twitter (@denimdebutante)
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
But...I am back now. I promise! For my lack of posting in the past 2 weeks, I have for you....a GIVEAWAY!
The Giveaway: (2) Yes, (2) of my lucky readers will each receive:
- (1) Plum Island Soap Co. Grapefruit hand butter
- (1) Plum Island Soap Co. Grapefruit body butter
- Follow my blog (or comment that you already do)
- Follow me on Twitter (please include your twitter name in the comment)
- Tweet this giveaway (leave link in comment) *Tweet this giveaway once a day!*
- Email 5 people about this giveaway (cc the email to me: email@example.com & comment saying you did so)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave link to post in comment)
- Grab my button (or just comment saying you already have it
Sunday, August 9, 2009
I went to CVS this afternoon after work and picked up a 4 pack of Sharpie Highlighters. I used a $1 off coupon (online coupon-I apologize, I do not recall where I found it!) and the product was on sale for $0.99. So I paid tax only out of pocket for a grand total of $0.07 or 100% savings!
That way my big purchase for the day. Nothing else really caught my eye in this weeks flyer, but who knows, I may stop back in. I do still have a $0.99 ECB that I have yet to use!
Stop & Shop
We actually skipped the food shopping this past week. We had plenty at home to use up and our work schedules have been a bit nutty lately so we haven't been cooking as much. We do plan on doing a Stop & Shop grocery shop later this week, I'm thinking we will last till at least Thursday. I will let you know how I do when I do! If you have already done your weekly shop please do share your sales and good finds!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
(1) CVS Tampons (10 ct) $1.89 + get $1.89 in ECB
-$1.00 ECB from previous CVS trip
=$0.95 OOP (including tax)
(1) 4 oz. Colgate Advanced toothpaste $2.88 + get $2.00 in ECB
-$1.00 Manufactures Coupon
-$1.89 ECB from Transaction 1
=$0.07 OOP paid tax ONLY
(2) CVS Compostion Books (100 sheets) $0.99 x2= $1.98 + get 99 cents in ECB for each!
-$2.oo ECB from transaction 2
=$0.12 OOP paid tax ONLY
(3) Kashi food products 3/$10.00 + get $5.00 in ECB
-$1.50 (x3) manufactures coupons
(1) CVS cough drops (10ct) $0.50
-$1.98 ECB from Transaction 3
-$4.00 ECB from a previous CVS trip
=$0.08 OOP paid Tax ONLY
(1) Twix Candy Bar $0.67 (used FREE coupon)
(1) Snack Pack Snickers bars $1.00
(1) Hawaiin Punch Singles 8 ct $0.49
(2) Aussie Hair Care Products (Shampoo + Conditioner $2.99 each + get $1.00 ECB
-$2.00 Manufacturers coupon
-$5.00 ECB from transaction 4
=$0.35 OOP (inlcuding tax)
(1) 12pk Lipton Iced Tea 16.9oz bottles $5.99 + Get $1.00 ECB
-$1.00 ECB from Transaction 5
-$5.00 ECB from previous CVS trip
=$0.42 OOP (including tax)
So I saved $29.41 OR about 94%
And, I still have $1.00 ECB to save for next week!
If you didn't win this time, don't worry! I have plenty more coming!
Also, there is still time to enter Giveaway #1 HERE!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Cheerios: $0.55 off (1) box (on sale for $2.22 before coupon) Doubled*
- Eddys Ice Cream: $0.75 off (1) half gallon (on sale for $2.50 before coupon)
- BC Suddenly Salad: $1.00 of (2) boxes (on sale for 2/$3 before coupon)
- E.L. Fudge cookies: $1.00 of (2) packages (on sale for $2.99 ea. before coupon)
Where do you find these promotional coupon codes you ask?
Give CouponChief.com a try!
CouponChief's website is user friendly, has just about any store you can think of, and is loaded with user contributed coupons. CouponChief.com is FREE to join and offers the opportunity for you to make some money as well!
CouponChief has a Pays-2-Share program. Once you sign up for Pays-2-Share, you can upload coupons and make money when someone uses your code! CouponChief will give you 2% of those sales via check or Paypal, you decide!
Still not sure how it works? CouponChief has a Video Tutorial that will teach you everything you need to know!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Thank you so much!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I am a huge fan of the Plum Island Soap Company!
Plum Island Soap Co. has quite the selection of all natural body butters, hand butter, lip balm, baby products, body oils, shower gels, soaps, and more!
Here is a little snippet about Plum Island (as directly quoted) from the Plum Island Soap Company's Website:
"The Plum Island Soap Co. offers a full line of naturally scented soaps and more than 20 different skin care products for bath, beauty & baby. It's products are made from only vegetable-based ingredients, herbs, pure essential oils & minerals."
For (1) of my lucky readers I have for you:
- (1) bottle of Plum Island Soap Co. Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel (ARV $11.00)
- (1) jar of Plum Island Soap Co. Pink Grapefruit Body Butter (ARV $17.00)
- Follow Ashley's Allowance Blog
- Follow AshsAllowance on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (This may be done once a day for additional entries. please leave a comment for each and please include the link for it to count)
- Fan Ashleys Allowance on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway (please leave the link in your comment)
- Grab the Ashley's Allowance button
- Enter one of my other giveaways (please include giveaway name in comment)
Please Note: This giveaway is not being hosted by Plum Island Soap Co. This giveaway is brought to you by my own pocket. I love their products & wanted to share them with you!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
If you (or someone you know) is interested in appearing on Feature Friday, please let me know!
"I like the Japanese Tea Garden!"
And a special thanks to PhotoAmato for offering my readers a chance at this giveaway!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
- (2) $0.50 off 1 Nature Valley Dark Chocolate & Nut granola bars
- (2) $0.40 off 1 box Nature Valley Any Variety granola bars
- $1.00 off 1 bag New England Coffee
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
- This is for a coupon for a FREE Venom Energy Drink
- Here is a link to receive coupons for your next purchase of Minute Maid Frozen Novelties
Monday, July 13, 2009
The giveaway sponsored by PhotoAmato will be coming to a close THIS Friday, July 17th.
Also, the giveaway hosted by SashaSews ends on next Friday, July 24th.
And finally, my own Giveaway #1 wraps up on the following Friday, July 31st! (Be sure to look throughout my blog, I have offered extra entries through other posts as well!)
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
But today I am here and I have for you a FREE sample of Viva Paper Towels.
Friday, July 10, 2009
SashaSews shop currently has many beautifully creative aprons, bags, purses, coffee cozies, and business card pouches.
I personally find SashaSews products to be of high quality and to be priced very reasonably.
- Sasha is a WAHM who has 2 sweet children, one is 2 years old and the other is 3 months old.
- Sasha admits to having a fabric addiction and loves to mix and match colors, patterns, and textures, etc.
Here are just a few of the photos of some of SashaSews work:
Finally, if anyone purchases from SashaSews store, having come through from Ashley's Allowance blog, Sasha will offer a 10% discount on purchase prices (excluding shipping). This offer will be open for 2 weeks from the date of this post, and you will have to mention Ashley's Allowance in the notes to seller - Sasha will then refund 10% of your purchase, through Paypal!
Mandatory to enter:(1 entry)
- Go to SashaSews Etsy Shop and leave a comment here (on my blog) stating your favorite item at her shop!
- Follow Ashley's Allowance blog and comment saying you do so (1 entry)
- Follow Sasha's Blog and comment here saying you do so (3 entries)
- Fan SashaSews on Facebook and comment saying you do so (1 entry)
- Follow SashaSews on Twitter and comment saying you do so (1 entry)
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Today while on my lunch break I scooted over to CVS to partake in a few sales I had my eye on:
Lays Potato Chips BOGO - 1$ off 2 coupon= $2.99
Total BEFORE sales, coupons, or ECBs: $13.96
My Total (after coupons and sales) : $4.99
ECB: - $2.00
Total OOP: $2.99
Total Savings (with ECB included): $10.97 or 78% (I think?)
This afternoon we went grocery shopping at Stop & Shop when I got home from work. (We typically go food shopping on Wednesdays... so you will probably be reading about my food savings most Wednesdays.)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
You will see my "Follow Me on Twitter" button/link on the right sidebar underneath my trusty followers and my "Grab My Button".
Okay...So how about this...follow me on Twitter, and I will give you an extra entry in Giveaway #1! (Just make sure you come back to this post and leave a comment saying you did so!)
Again, just click on the "Follow Me on Twitter" button on the right sidebar of my blog!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Nicole is always hosting fantastic giveaways at her blog, so definitely check it out!
If you haven't already, enter Giveaway #1 HERE!
Also, enter PhotoAmato's Giveaway HERE!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
A few days ago I did pick up a copy of All You magazine. I remember reading about it in a blog, but in this month's issue, they introduced a grocery challenge. The challenge is to spend $25.00 per person a week, for example a family of 4 would have a $100 weekly grocery budget. Only food items are included in the $25 budget (therefore it is okay if you spend more due to toiletries and household products). You can sign up until July 12 and the challenge starts on July 13, lasting 4 weeks! I am excited about it! My boyfriend and I would then have a weekly budget of $50 for food shopping which I think is doable as our last grocery bill was $77 and that included household products (paper towel, deodorant, and toilet paper). For us, I think it is totally possible and I am interested in how I will make out! If you are interested you can sign up at All You online. You could win a $1000 grocery card and a year's supply of Knorr side dishes!
If you haven't already, enter my Giveaway #1 HERE.
Also, enter PhotoAmato's giveaway HERE.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Photographer and fellow Etsy shop owner PhotoAmato is celebrating her first year on Etsy. Lisa is the owner of PhotoAmato and shares this about herself;
Living in the Bay Area, I am witness to this area's ability to traverse both the minute wonder of a ladybug resting on a sunflower petal to the overwhelming expanse of a Pacific sunset. Everywhere I go, an opportunity to capture a truly breathtaking moment presents itself; whether it be the rugged peaks of the Sierras, the almost surreal Northern California shore, or the opulent colors of the wine country.
It was the limitless beauty of the natural world that first inspired me to pick up a camera and, thus, began what came to be not just a casual hobby, but a passion for capturing the world around me through my camera's lens.
I am privileged to share my view of the world through my images. From abstract & architectural to vast landscapes & intricate close-ups, my hope is to inspire everyone who views my work to look for beauty in everything that surrounds us.
I am a self-taught photographer who has learned through trial and error, taking untold numbers of shots to find that one that is just right.”
Lisa’s favorite quote is; "A photograph is a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art." (Ambrose Bierce)
Besides a vast variety of art photography, Lisa also creates glass tile pendants and note cards with her photographs.
Here is a small selection of what she has in her Etsy shop:
I find that PhotoAmatos shop has a great variety to chose from and everything is very reasonably priced! I highly recommend you go take a look around at her STORE!
GIVEAWAY ALERT!!! Lisa at PhotoAmato has kindly offered a 5 x 7 print ($10 value) of 1 (very lucky) winner's choice! This giveaway will conclude on Friday July 17th, 2009 at 11:59 EST and a winner will be announced sometime on Saturday July 18th, 2009. To enter the rules are as follows:
- Visit PhotoAmato's Shop and leave me a comment on this post specifying what print you would chose if you were the winner. (This is required to enter and must be done before submitting further entries).
- Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link in a separate comment on this post.
- Follow my blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you do so.
Please sign each comment with your email address so I can contact you if you win!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Hands-on time: 10 min
Total time: 10 min
In a large pitcher combine:
- 1 bottle medium bodied red wine (Rioja)
- 3 cups aplle juice
- 2 thinly sliced oranges
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
If you are not yet an A-List member, what are you waiting for?! It is free and makes you eligible for special savings and of course a FREE monthly gift, every month throughout the year! Stop at a nearby Aerie store to sign up!
If you haven't already, sign up for Giveaway #1 HERE!
If you have a cost effective recipe you would like to share, please leave it in the comments on Tasty Tuesdays!
If you haven't already, enter Giveaway #1 HERE!
Along with our receipt came a $2.00 off any ONE Morningstar Farms Burgers!
- Our total price before savings $115.74
- Our total savings: $39.28
- Tax paid: $0.92
- Our total AFTER savings (and tax): $77.38.
Which is not so hot, but definitely better than nothing.
What is the most you have saved on a weekly grocery shop?
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I also recieved my FREE juicy juice water bottle! So go ahead and sign up for them if you haven't already!
If you haven't already, enter GIVEAWAY #1 HERE!
On page 59, Amy Dacyczyn (1992) suggests to "place a variety of colors in a muffin tin and melt in the oven. Cool. This makes a scribble cookie. Each one has its own unique color and pattern. Use for an inexpensive stocking stuffer."
- Giveaway #1: I understand that there may be some trouble with the google form. After you fill out the form on the Giveaway #1 post make sure you click SUBMIT or your responses will not record. This submit button is hardly see-able in the Giveaway #1 google form, you can only see the top part of it underneath the final question...make sure you click it once the form is complete. For this reason, if you leave a comment to this post I will give you an extra entry for Giveaway #1 (which ends July 31). If you have already submitted your entry you may also comment on this post for an extra entry! Please include your email address in the comment.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Visit my original Weekday Theme post here.
If you haven't already, enter giveaway #1 HERE!
We got the Sunday paper this morning and there was only 1 coupon insert in there (SmartSource), I believe this week Red Plum was also scheduled so I think I am missing one! But I may be wrong...
Nevertheless, there are printable coupons on Red Plum's website as well as SmartSource.com and of course coupons.com.
If you know of any other good printable coupon sites, please share them with us! Also, if you have done your weekly/monthly grocery shop please don't hesitate to share your finds with us!
If you haven't already, sign up for GIVEAWAY #1 here!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Tide Total Care
Prilosec OTC Heartburn Blocker
Pet Maxi Gloss and Glide Detangler (thanks to Free Sample Freak!)
If you haven't already, enter my GIVEAWAY #1 here!
- Money Monday: Posts will focus on money-related articles regarding anything from making money to spending money and everything in between.
- Trashy Tuesday: Posts will focus on recycled items including all things crafty.
- Wild Wednesday: Posts will focus on ANYTHING. Wednesday will be a wild card day.
- Thrifty Thursday: Posts will focus on cheap finds and ideas.
- Free Friday: Posts will focus on free things I find for you and/or my free giveaways!
- Sample Saturday: Posts will focus on samples I find in my travels and how to get them.
- Savings Sunday: Posts will focus on all things coupons, flyers, and sales.
Friday, June 26, 2009
- Almond Oil Hand Heaven from The Body Shop ($25.00 value): Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream, Conditioning Hand Wash, Cuticle Sticks, Nail File, and Nail Buffer.
- Pure Seduction Gift Set from Victoria's Secret ($25+ value): Refreshing Body Mist, Exhilarating Body Wash, Hydrating Body Lotion, and Victoria's Secret makeup bag/purse. (It is hard to see the body wash and mist in the picture but they are behind the lotion, all 3 are in plastic wrap together, but I assure you it is there!)
- Beauty Rush Oil Blotting Sheets from Victoria's Secret ($7.00 value).
- Purple Fields Travel Set from Essence of Beauty (unsure of retail value ~$5.00 at least?): body lotion, body mist, and shower gel.
- Tropical Photo Real Stickers Sheet from Me & My Big Ideas ($2.00 value).
- Decorative Sticky Notes from Aerie ($12.50 value).
- Happy Birthday LipGloss Kit from Aerie ($9.50 value).
To enter you MUST fill out the Google form below. If you do not fill out the form you will not be entered into this giveaway! Each question in the form is worth 1 entry unless otherwise indicated. This Giveway will end on Friday, July 31st, 2009 at 11:59 EST and a winner will be announced sometime on Saturday, August 1st, 2009.
If you have any questions please let me know! Good luck!!!
***In regards to referral entries, to be eligible for this entry the person you refer must also sign up for giveaway and must be a NEW follower.***
Also, I wanted to mention that I am starting to formulate a little giveaway of some random but fun items. So, be on the lookout for that upcoming post! If there is something you would be interested in seeing in a giveaway please share your ideas!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I have received some of the Free Walmart offers that I have told you about. So far I have received my free sample of tampons and my free sample of Aveeno Shampoo and conditioner which also came with a coupon! So if you have yet to sign up for any of the free offers from Walmart click HERE.
Also, for all you coffee drinkers, HERE is a free sample of Dunkin Donuts Coffee!!!